Burdett House – City of Westminster
Client / Contractor
20,000sqft Office Space
Burdett House was constructed in 1968, replacing a building of 1906 which was destroyed in WW2. That building replaced two earlier Georgian buildings, 15 & 16, Buckingham Street. No. 15 was home to William Burges, 1856-1875, Charles Dickens, circa 1834, and William Smith (geologist), 1804-1819. It has also, erroneously been described as home to Peter the Great during the London stage of his Grand Embassy in 1698. Situated at the south end of Buckingham Street, near to Covent Garden and overlooking the Victoria Embankment Gardens and the River.
Edgingtons were engaged to repurpose the core and internal office space of this 1960’s building under a Design & Build contract to modern BCO specifications. Working alongside the contractor, Edgingtons provided all RIBA Stage 4 packages and delivered the project on time and budget for LV.