Maidenhead Town Hall, Maidenhead
Designed and built in the late 1950’s, Edgingtons worked with The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead to develop a remodeled and refurbished interior to the building to enable the Authority to provide new customer service facilities. The scheme provides a new point of contact for the public with their Local Authority. A new approach to the building was designed, including new landscape works, and public entrance opened. Customer service desks as well as a new call centre have changed the way the Authority delivers its services. In a second phase of work Edgingtons increased the size of the call centre and made subtle improvements to the entrance area and service desks.
Accessibility to the First floor civic spaces has been provided, and the Council Chamber altered to provide a flexible space for functions and meetings alike.